Monday, July 16, 2012

Summer Thoughts


School has not even been out a full month, and for some strange reason I am okay with school supplies filling the aisles of my favorite stores.  I remember the days where as a child, my best friend and I would trade some of our favorite pencils and erasers for fun.  My best score was one of those highlighters shaped like a triangle with 3 different colored markers tips! 
    This year is going to be a little different than years past.  I will be on maternity leave to start the school year.  As prepared and organized as I am, my nerves are still getting the best of me.  Routines in the upper elementary grades are just as important as in any other grade.  This control freak is hopeful that the correct routines and rules will be established from the beginning.  If not, I am going to have my work cut out for me when I return!
    This upcoming school year I wanted a classroom theme that was colorful and youthful, but not too primary for 5th graders.  I decided to work with Eric Carle, because really who doesn’t enjoy looking at a picture of his hungry caterpillar!  Enjoy some of the pictures of my classroom and feel free to send some more ideas this way! -Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment